Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – NetFlint Website Services
Data Protection Principles
We follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject's rights
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
Data we gather
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
Information you have provided to us
This includes basic account information (ie. name, email, address, etc); public profile information (ie. about me, pictures, social media); transaction and billing information (if you buy products/services from us); content and interactive information (likes, comments, surveys, contributions, and other interactions in published and draft form); credentials (any information you use to authenticate, log in, or prove your identity); communication with us and other users made through our services. This is all information that is necessary to deliver the product/service or to enhance your customer experience.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes log information (data typically provided by devices, browsers, and servers like client information, IP address, unique device identifiers, language and other configuration preferences, referring site, time and date, operating system, mobile network,etc.); usage information (information about navigation, actions performed, events triggered, errors reported, etc); location information (your device may provide this precisely if you allow it, or it can be determined approximately to a geographic location by your IP address, location information may also be embedded in photographs and files uploaded to the website); information from cookies and other technologies (cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, etc. are used to personalize content, remember preferences, provide security, maintain sessions and transactions, track usage, target advertising, etc. Get more information about cookies) All this information is used to provide service and improve your user experience.
Information from other sources
We gather information from our partners, vendors, and service providers with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided to them directly or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. Other examples may include, if you interact or log into our website through another service (like Google) or if you connect your profile or account to a social media service (like Twitter), we may receive information from that service (such as your username, basic profile information, and friends list) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent for the following reasons:
- to identify you;
- to provide our services to you;
- to enhance and personalize your experience;
- to fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
- to develop and improve services and features;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
- to target, conduct, measure, personalize, and improve our communication, surveys, marketing, offerings, and advertising;
- to monitor and prevent problems with our services, ensure availability and capacity of our services, protect the security of our services, detect and prevent fraudulent and illegal activities, and protect the rights and property of NetFlint Website Services and others;
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not sell your private personal information. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted vendors, partners, and service providers for external processing for reasons stated above.
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don't collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don't have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies - these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies - these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
We use Automattic services including Jetpack for functionality and analytics. Please visit the Jetpack Privacy Center for information about data processing.
We serve Amazon Associates advertising and links. This allows us to earn fees from qualifying purchases. Please review the Amazon Privacy Notice for more information.
This policy was last modified on May 17, 2018.